Life in 2016

Monday, March 14, 2016

I was listening to a woman this morning and it prompted me to share this. As a young girl, I always enjoyed poetry. My middle school English teacher, Mr. Coates, encouraged me to keep writing. I've never forgotten his positive words. That was a while back but I write and enjoy reading poetry to this day. 


Fast forward to 2016. As I watch daily and hear about the political events unfolding in our country, I must say, I am concerned just like anyone else. 

I have yet to attend a large political gathering. I have wanted to go too. I find it interesting and I want to hear and listen to what's being said live and in person. I want to hear HOW each candidate can improve conditions for the citizens of the United States. There's nothing like being there and being present in the moment. It's that feeling of involvement I would imagine. I have volunteered on a few campaigns in my life though. They were local campaigns and it was good to support the candidate. I never witnessed anything like what is happening currently in the race for President. 

I hear people say they are tired of the lip service and all the nonsense. It's understandable. They are frustrated and angry. They work hard. They want their quality of life to be improved. They want answers. We all do!

The behavior at these gatherings is concerning to say the least. The candidates should be able to show up and answer questions and the scheduled debates should be hosted in a civilized manner. 

The obvious lack of respect to the process, to the office, the accusations and the violence needs to stop. How can we set an example for the younger generation? They are watching and so is the rest of the world. 

I heard this poem once. I've always remembered it. 
Sending love and biggest hugs. 
Tracey


Little Eyes

There are little eyes upon you, 
And they are watching night and day; 
There are little ears that quickly 
Take in every word you say. 
There are little hands all eager 
To do everything you do; 
and a little boy who's dreaming 
Of the day he'll be like you. 
You're the little fellow's idol; 
You're the wisest of the wise; 
In his little mind, about you 
No suspicions ever rise. 
He believes in you devotedlly, 
Holds that all you say and do, 
He will say and do in your way 
When he's grown up like you. 
There's a wide-eyed little fellow 
Who believes you're always right; 
And his ears are always open, 
And he watches day and night. 
You are setting an example 
Every day in all you do; 
For the little boy who's waiting 
To grow up to be just like you.

by avleek dhiman



You Might Also Like

0 comments