🎼 Good morning!

Monday, February 22, 2016

It's a new moon and a beautiful morning! I wanted to start the week off on a positive note! Literally many notes. 


Music has always been a rather large part of my life. My father was a musician who was proficient with saxophone(s), clarinet, piano and flute. My mother, a New York Rockette and a trained vocalist as well. My parents both worked in Chicago and New York during the big band era. 







I truly feel blessed to have experienced listening to the music of Xavier Cugat, the Dorsey brothers, Glenn Miller and many others that paved the way many years ago. I'm really glad I had the opportunity to hear this music. 

It was raw and authentic. It was live with many moving parts to create many wonderful songs that kept people happy during trying times, like today ironically. 

As a child in Texas, I would listen to vinyl of the Monkees and the Archies. My music taste varied slightly from my parents. I Left My Heart in San Francisco and Girl from Ipanema are songs I would hear from them while my first eight track was KC and the Sunshine Band. My taste evolved into disco and then rock. Boston, Journey, Michael Jackson, Heart and Van Halen to name a few. The concerts in the late seventies and eighties at the Aladdin here in Las Vegas were incredible. My first concert in 1976 was Neil Diamond. 

Click on the link and you can start your week off with me! Have a great week!

Biggest hugs,

Tracey

Credit: Olly Murs

Credit: Frankie & The Knockouts

Credit: Pink

Credit: Phil Collins

You Might Also Like

0 comments