Peachy Keen

Saturday, September 03, 2016

When I was younger, there was a saying that meant great or that's good. It was peachy keen. Just a little trivia on this beautiful Saturday with fall starting to creep in. Although fall is almost here, I find this type of recipe is welcome in any weather. It would make a great appetizer or dessert. It's just that good. 


The process is easy. The ingredients are:

Crescent dough (8)
Peach quarters (can or fresh)
2 Tbsp Butter
Peach juice (from can) 1/2 cup approx. 
Sugar to sprinkle on top
Cinnamon to sprinkle on top

Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the peach juice and set aside.

The dough is perforated. Cut peaches into quarters. Take a peach quarter and lay it down onto the dough at either end. Roll the peach by picking up the dough and folding end over end. Place in a baking pan. I used a nine inch cake pan.  Once you've folded up the eight, pour the reserved juice over the top of the dough covered peaches. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Check on them at 15 minutes as the bake time might need adjusting.  In my oven, they needed to go longer than 15 minutes. Next time I make these, I will try brown sugar and maybe on the inside, lemon or orange zest. You can garnish the tops with pecans, ice cream or whipped cream. 




Doesn't it look crispy and peachy keen? 
I hope you enjoy these little nuggets of flaky, peach goodness. Maybe serve them with a crisp white wine for dessert. That's what I'm going to try next time.  Peaches are a favorite fruit of mine and I really enjoyed this recipe. I hope you do as well. 

Biggest hugs,
Tracey

You Might Also Like

0 comments