Thrift Store Adventures!

Saturday, November 26, 2016


We’ve driven past the sign so many times. I kept thinking that it would be interesting to have the time to follow the signs. Day after day, I’d see that red sign and think the same thing. 


Finally, the girls and I were on our way home the one afternoon and Meridian had the day off. We decided to go find this place. We went into the wrong building at first. Anyone who knows me is laughing right about now. I admit to being geographically challenged, at times. I realized the signs were actually pointing west. So, I followed them. We turned down an alley and there it was!  Now, this adventure looked like it was going to be fun and I had my daughters with me. Alright, alright, alriiiight!



We pulled up, parked and admired the unique artistry on the outside of the building. It looked to be an upbeat store, no doubt. When you enter Found By The Pound, the music is playing in the background and you are immediately greeted and made to feel welcome. I’ve been shopping in the past but this was different. I felt at ease and relaxed. As we walked and looked around, I noticed leather jackets, coats, jeans, shirts, sweaters. What really caught my eye was a dark denim moto jacket that was Sherpa lined.  I also noticed the walls and the floor. Very creative and I liked it. The floors are spray painted with words like love, peace, vintage and retro. The walls had musical notes and photos. One photo is of Audrey Hepburn.  I felt very comfortable as I browsed and enjoyed the shopping experience.



We did have a good time looking at the selection that has something for everyone. I found a pair of cotton leggings. It’s kind of ironic.  Printed on the back is Las Vegas. I lived there for many years. I traveled a long way just to find those ya know. Meridian found a very nice black leather jacket that will most definitely keep her warm as the days get colder. It’s so soft and in excellent condition. Hals found many things. She found two pair of boots.  She chose the one pair of semi platform black leather boots. They reminded me of the 70’s. I liked the 70’s. She informed me that they were very cool. I said yes, I get that because they were really cool back then. I explained the classic, black suede boot with a pointed toe will always be in style. Nope, not having it.  She chose the platforms. Guess whose black suede, classic, pointed toe boots she wore at a fashion shoot? You guessed it. Mine. She needed a coat for winter and chose a tan coat with a fur collar.

This was an incredible experience might I say. It's a great find. The selection of clothing that they have and offer to the community is fantastic. Being new to the area, we really enjoyed our shopping experience at Found By The Pound. If you live in St. Louis, you owe it to yourself to go in and say hello and shop. They charge $3.00 a pound and they weigh the items at the checkout counter. So, not only is it a fun, pleasant experience, it’s easy on your wallet. I can tell you this much. I have found a new place to shop, where the people are friendly, the clothes are nice and the atmosphere, a pleasure. 


You can follow Found By The Pound on IG and FB as well. They’re located off 170 and Hanley Road at 6740 Romiss Ct., Berkeley, Mo 63134. When you get off at Hanley Road, at the first stop light, make a left and you’ll see the red and white signs. Trust me, follow them.

You Might Also Like

0 comments