What makes you truly happy?

Thursday, January 21, 2016

I was thinking today about the things that truly make people happy. I can only speak for myself of course but with everything going on these days, it crossed my mind. So I thought I'd share my thoughts.


I hear people saying, "I've been loving this" and "I love that" which led me to think about it. Love. The word is special because love is special. The words amazing, obsessed, and several other adjectives are being so over used and have been, in conversation and are exhausted. The word love is too. Shouldn't "love" be reserved like a fine wine for a special occasion? There have been times when I see certain things, maybe a certain pair of ankle boots or a certain jacket. I've had to stop myself before saying, "I love that". I've decided to reserve the word love.



Think about things that make you feel warmth and genuine happiness. Not materialistic things. Things that reach deep down inside and make your soul warm and happy. What makes you truly happy?

Everyone's journey is different. There may be things that make you happy that wouldn't interest your friend or a neighbor. It's all relevant. Every person has something that makes them happy and it's unique and special to only them. It's that feeling of joy. It's really something special. There are people who come into our lives for a reason. I have learned each one is a gift; blessings if you will. Not always are things and situations going to be ideal or perfect but when I look back, they carry a special meaning in life. A purpose. We are all at different places on this journey and our relationships with people, are the things I believe are most valuable. If you would like, share what truly makes you happy. Have a great day!

Biggest hugs, 
Tracey



You Might Also Like

0 comments