Brooches: Pin it to win it!

Sunday, January 31, 2016


Brooches date back many centuries. Their history is interesting. I really enjoy wearing brooches and have for many years. I remember my grandmother sending festive pins at Christmas and for birthdays. Naturally, I treasure them and have kept them and worn them on sweaters or on a jacket over the years. 



In my 20's, I would wear them with my work uniform. I had several that I would rotate between. I would position the brooch at the collar over the top button of the shirt. I liked that it gave the uniform a little something extra. A little "somethin somethin". 


These days, I like brooches on hats, jackets, beanies or even jeans. 


This saxophone brooch I've had for years. Brooches can be a fun and unique accent for any piece of clothing! 






I like their versatility. I also like that the choice in a brooch is a completely unique one. Yours. They can be placed on just about anything. If you enjoy the look of brooches, tweet me a picture to my Twitter, @mstraceylamont, of your favorite brooch! 

If you would like to know more on brooches here's two links that relate to brooches:

1. http://www.guyotbrothers.com/jewelry-history/jewelry-history-page44.htm

2. http://fashion-history.lovetoknow.com/fashion-accessories/brooches-pins

Biggest hugs,


Tracey 


You Might Also Like

0 comments