National Pizza Day

Tuesday, February 09, 2016




As I was reading about the history of pizza, it made me think of my own history with the well rounded tasty treat. The topping choices are many and the combinations, endless. I have to admit that pizza is one of my favorite things to eat. When I was younger, there was a place my family would go in Texas. As I recall, Little Italy, near Texas Tech, had really good pizza. The cheese and red sauce was really good. My parents liked the place, a lot. That was years ago and yes, I can still remember the pizza. I remember standing off to the side quietly watching the owner make the "pies". He made it look so easy. 

Fast forward to my twenties, I worked at a local pizzeria on the weekends. Not just any pizza joint, it was Villa Pizza. They focused on quality ingredients and their food reflected this, everything was so good. It was a busy place and it's no wonder! I would watch them spin and decorate the pizzas and in minutes, a nutritious masterpiece would be produced. It was that good. 

These days, if you're in Las Vegas or visiting, the Bootlegger Bistro on Las Vegas Blvd. is one of my favorites. The pizza is exceptional. They have many wonderful, authentic dishes to choose from. The restaurant is pleasant and relaxing and has always been a wonderful experience. They also have an area where you can place an order and take out. If you're ever in the area, don't deny yourself. The food is excellent. 

There isn't a day that goes by that I wouldn't consider having a slice or two. It's just one of those things. Life's simple pleasures. Happy National Pizza Day! 





 


You Might Also Like

0 comments