Sometimes Less is More

Saturday, October 31, 2015


My goodness! There are so many choices for cosmetics. These brands are beneficial because not all products work for everybody. It really depends on your skin type and other contributing factors. I am fascinated by the colors and pigments that are available these days. I could spend hours looking at all the different products at the store.




During the day, I keep make-up to a minimum unless I have a meeting or an appointment. I like a medium to full coverage for foundation. I have foundation in several different shades. I mix and blend them together to achieve a color closest to my neck color. That way, the color of my face and neck can be closely matched hopefully. That’s the goal for me.  I have some strange undertones that are dealt with by evening those bad boys out with foundation. Mama’s bad with a brush!  Tracey-1 Undertones-0. Ha!




I prefer wearing matte eye shadow in warm shades and neutral shades. I like the way it looks on me in comparison to glitter or shiny shadows. It depends on the look you are trying to achieve though.



I have always preferred a peach tone for blush over pinks. There have been times I have used a peach colored lipstick to add color to my cheeks in a pinch. I choose peach colors because on my skin, it was and is the most natural looking and I like bronzers as well.  I like to apply colors that accentuate my eye color but look natural at the same time. I might just have to try a pink blush in the future just to move out of my comfort zone.


I learned this tip years ago. I line my lips in a color close to the lipstick shade I will be wearing. Then apply your lip stick. Lightly dust with pressed or loose powder. Then apply lip color again. The staying power of the lip color is incredible.


















In closing, there have been articles written about the contents of make-up and personal care products. I’ve read a few lately. When deciding on products to purchase and use on your face and body, it’s a good idea to research what the contents are so that you are aware of the effects they have on you. Keeping it simple is good.

Biggest hugs,


Tracey

You Might Also Like

0 comments