Little Helping Hands

Thursday, December 10, 2015

It wasn't THAT long ago that my girls were little. They were always eager to help. When laundry time rolled around, if we did a load at the house, I would ask them to help. I recall many times we would sit on the couch and sort through socks. It was fun for them to match up the socks and make pairs. A good idea is to buy net bags that have a zipper on them. It actually helps with losing socks and makes sorting each persons socks much easier.





I would have them fold the wash cloths and hand towels as well. The larger towels I would do while they did the smaller items. It was fun to involve them and it was a learning experience for all of us. Then, we would take their things to their room and put them away. I asked my eldest, when she was around four, which drawers she wanted for her socks, shirts, etc. and we labeled the drawers which made it much easier. As time went by, it was the involvement and hanging out was what I most enjoyed. I also enjoyed The Wonder Pets and JJ The Jet Plane! 

As they got a little older, they were shown other tasks. Wiping counters down, wiping light switches, feeding our two black labs, and taking the trash out. The tasks were things they could do while learning about "the chores".  
 
As they have matured and grown, they both enjoy cooking. It's pretty cool to watch them in the kitchen. They might ask for my advice or opinion once in a while but they do really well and I basically try to observe and not micro manage. 





Haleigh likes to bake. These are the shortbread cookies she made. She makes mean cupcakes too. Meridian cooks up a storm and plates very tasty dishes. This one, (above) was Arugula, green onion and cheese over a lovely marinated steak. I must admit, I'm an excellent taste tester, always have been. It's a dirty job but someone has to do it! 

Biggest Hugs,

Tracey

You Might Also Like

0 comments