Treasures of The Past

Saturday, December 12, 2015



I've enjoyed browsing and looking at articles of clothing from different time periods since I can remember. Vintage fabric interests me because the designs are unique, interesting and the beading is beautiful. It's like unlocking history. My dad always said I was born in the wrong era.
I've shopped in boutiques, etsy and ebay and have found really unique items. I call them little treasures because to me, they are. I have also met some really nice people as well. 
The first thing I look at, once an item has caught my eye,  is the location of the item. You can request through the refine tab to look at items world wide, North America and specifically the U.S. on ebay. This can and does affect shipping charges.  You can refine for size, color, etc. as well. Some of the items are brand new. Never worn but they are old stock. I found a blouse from Sears, still in its original packaging, never worn and it has a Peter Pan collar. I have beads and sequins from stores that closed down and they are handmade. You can tell because each one is different and unique. 

As I was browsing today, I saw these two sweaters that caught my eye and I'd like to share them with you. 












I hope you enjoyed these two sweaters as they caught my eye. I want to point out their ratings are both 100% and they both have sales (the number in parenthesis). This is good information that I look at when I find something. 

Here's a shirt that I found that is from the '60's and is vintage, gold and silver lame. I think it will pair nicely with a black turtle neck, black pants and black boots...



Hope you have a wonderful day.

Biggest hugs,



Tracey

You Might Also Like

0 comments