Simple Traditions

Sunday, December 06, 2015

I really enjoy this time of year. Years ago, I would make my traditional "trip" in December and go to this quaint little house here that had turned into a boutique.  The house always was decorated outside. They had many beautiful things inside.  Quilts, frames, lamps, clothing and in December, they always offered hot apple cider to sip while you browsed.


I would spend an evening and go there. It was always warm, welcoming and peaceful. The air was filled with cinnamon, clove and hot apple cider. I would walk through the house looking at everything. There were so many items. They were folded on furniture that was for sale, bookcases, buffets, clothing was hanging neatly and every room filled with beautiful things. There was a very narrow aisle to walk through. It became a tradition for me and I looked forward to my special evening.

Although the little boutique is no longer there, every time I have a cup of hot apple cider or when December arrives, I always reflect back to how that little house on Maryland Parkway helped make my season so special. It was a simple tradition and the feeling left an impression on me.

What are some of your holiday traditions? If you would like to share them, comment or tweet me!

Biggest hugs!
Tracey

You Might Also Like

0 comments